The 2016 Salt City Horror Fest is considered one of the top 35mm Horror Film Festivals in New York State by genre fans. This will be the 11th annual festival to feature vintage 35mm film prints on the big screen.
The 2016 Salt City Horror Fest – April 16th at 11am – early morning of April 17th 2016.
All films are confirmed on 35mm. Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining, an extremely rare George A. Romero’s Martin print. Actor John Amplas and Creepshow 2 Director and Martin DP Michael Gornick has booked the date for a visit to Syracuse (but like all actors, schedule permitting) plus Clive Barker Nightbreed – rare 35mm print, The Warriors, Event Horizon, Rosemary’s Baby with intro by Jed Levin and The IA Robots, Tom Hanks in The Burbs and a John Russo film called Midnight, with Director John Russo and lead Actor John Amplas in attendance for a Q/A.
Celebrity Guests include:
- Jed Levin – Son of Ira Levin (Writer of Rosemary’s Baby)
- John Russo – NOTLD, My Uncle John Is a Zombie, MIDNIGHT and more
- John Amplas – George Romero’s MARTIN, Day of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Nightriders, and John Russo’s MIDNIGHT
- Michael Gornick – George Romero’s Director of Photography/ Director of Creepshow 2
- Solon Tsangaras – Actor My Uncle John Is a Zombie with his “Get A-Way Van” from My Uncle John is a Zombie
- Gary Vincent – President of Burning Bulb Publishing and Producer/ Actor of My Uncle John Is a Zombie
- Michael Pizzano – Director of My Little Bubbles
All guests will be available for autographs. Some guests will charge a fee for autographs.
Film schedule/ Films start at noon:
- MY LITTLE BUBBLES – Digital (Local Short (intro by Dir. Michael Pizzano )
- THE WARRIORS – 35mm (Introduction by Cinema Under the Influence)
- MIDNIGHT – 35mm – (John Russo & John Amplas Q/A)
- MARTIN – 35mm (Q/A with actor John Amplas and Dir. of Photography Michael Gornick)
- THE BURBS – 35mm
- dinner break
- THE SHINING – 35mm (Intro by local comedian Alex Bidwell)
- ROSEMARY’S BABY – 35mm (intro by Jed Levin. Moderated by Horror Happens Radio and Robots)
- EVENT HORIZON – 35mm
- NIGHTBREED – 35mm – (Introduction by Cinema Under the Influence)
- Rap off – Audience picks the winner. Winner receives a free 8 MILE poster.
- Trivia, raffle items for fans who order tickets in advance. Chances to win tickets to The Star Wars Film Festival next fall and more surprises.
- Podcasts in the lobby
- Horror DJ from Horror Happens Radio and Cinema Under the Influence presenting the Q/A’s.
- Guest lectures include Damian Schofield and his AI robots from Oswego State.
Partial funding provided by a grant from CNY ARTS.
THE BURBS: Print courtesy of the Joe Dante and Jon Davison Collection at the Academy Film Archive.
The Palace Theatre
2384 James Street
Syracuse, NY 13206
Facebook event page: www.facebook.com/events/431465883679573
Tickets $21.50 in advance / $25 at the door/ Recommended age is 17 and over/ Alcohol served to those 21 and over: www.modernpopculture.com/product/2016-salt-city-horrorfest
Pre-order your ticket and you name will be put in a raffle for original movie posters, signed books, Star Wars Film Fest tickets, DVD movies and other items. Some raffle items will be available for those who purchase tickets at the door ($5 for a raffle ticket)