Expanding the universe introduced in the hit franchise that electrified the culture and earned $200 million at the worldwide box office, Universal Pictures’ The Purge: Election Year reveals the next terrifying chapter that occurs over 12 hours of annual lawlessness sanctioned by the New Founders of America to keep this country great.
It’s been two years since Leo Barnes (Frank Grillo) stopped himself from a regrettable act of revenge on Purge Night. Now serving as head of security for Senator Charlie Roan (Elizabeth Mitchell), his mission is to protect her in a run for president and survive the annual ritual that targets the poor and innocent. But when a betrayal forces them onto the streets of D.C. on the one night when no help is available, they must stay alive until dawn…or both be sacrificed for their sins against the state.
Once again returning to collaborate with franchise creator James DeMonaco on The Purge: Election Year are the series’ producers: Blumhouse Productions’ Jason Blum (Insidious and Ouija series, The Visit), Platinum Dunes partners Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Ouija series, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre), and writer/director DeMonaco’s longtime production partner, Sébastien K. Lemercier (Assault on Precinct 13, Four Lovers).
- Genre: Thriller
- Cast: Frank Grillo, Elizabeth Mitchell, Mykelti Williamson, Edwin Hodge, Betty Gabriel, JJ Soria
- Written and Directed by: James DeMonaco
- Produced by: Jason Blum, Michael Bay, Andrew Form, Brad Fuller, Sébastien K. Lemercier
- Executive Producers: Jeanette Volturno-Brill, Couper Samuelson, Luc Etienne
For more information on The Purge: Election Year check out the following links:
- Official Site: www.thepurgeelectionyear.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/thepurgemovie
- Twitter: @universalhorror
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/thepurgemovie