Psychological Horror Thriller Observance to be Released on DVD/Blu-ray
With the dread-infused claustrophobia of Polanski’s The Tenant, the taut voyeurism of Hitchcock’s Rear Window, and the horrific visuals founds in the works of Cronenberg, Joseph Sims-Dennett’s Observance is one seriously intense thriller. The psychological horror tale involves a private detective who, hired to watch a woman across the street, begins to experience a violent mental breakdown.
- “Remarkably unnerving…dripping with paranoia and bursts of madness!” – John W. Allman, Blood Violence and Babes
- “Captivates the viewer…with some terrifying moments that would make David Cronenberg proud.” – bloody-disgusting.com
- “Sheer ambient dread.” — Indiewire
- “The very definition of psychological horror.” — Thy Critic Man
- Street date: August 2, 2016
- DVD UPC: 851597006230 – DVD SRP: $24.99
- BLU UPC: 851597006308 – BLU SRP: $29.99
- Bonus features: “Preface to Observance” (3 minutes), Artsploitation trailers
Atmospherically creepy and visually unnerving, Joseph Sims-Dennett’s startling feature film debut follows Parker, a young man in the grip of grief following the death of his young son, his marriage on the rocks and nearing bankruptcy, reluctantly returns to work as a private investigator. His assignment it to observe a woman from an abandoned apartment, and as her watches bizarre happenings surrounding her, he slowly becomes aware that the derelict building he is in has a dark presence which slowly threatens to consume him. A frightening horror tale of a man spiraling into madness.