ScareTissue At Wizard World Cleveland
I’m thrilled to say that both Trapjaw and I will be attending various activities at this weekend’s Wizard World Cleveland Comic Con. The festivities kick off tomorrow evening with a Media Welcome Reception at the Hard Rock Cafe and go throughout the weekend. Here’s a look at the schedule of events.
Captain America, Doctor Who, Hemsworth Q&As Highlight Programming At Wizard World Cleveland, Friday Through Sunday
Robert Englund, Eliza Dushku, Chloe Bennet, Jason Mewes, Michael Rooker, Henry Winkler Panels, Comics Creators, Superman-Themed Sessions, Gaming, Costume Contests, Screenings Featured At FirstMerit Convention Center
CLEVELAND, February 23, 2016 – Q&A sessions with “Thor” himself Chris Hemsworth, Captain America star Frank Grillo and directors Joe and Anthony Russo, Doctor Who standouts Matt Smith and Karen Gillan (also of Guardians of the Galaxy), the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. duo of Elizabeth Henstridge and Chloe Bennet, Nightmare on Elm Street star Robert Englund, costume contests, screenings, comics-themed sessions, gaming and more are among the programming highlights at Wizard World Cleveland, Friday through Sunday at the FirstMerit Convention Center of Cleveland. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission.
Some highlights of the more than 75 panels scheduled include:
- Interactive themed Q&As with the “Captain America” guests, including the Russo Brothers with Ivan Schwarz , President of the Greater Cleveland Film Commission (Saturday, noon), then paired with Grillo (Saturday, 4:30 p.m.); “Doctor Who” panels with Smith (Saturday, 11:30 a.m.) and Gillan (Saturday, 12:30 p.m.); “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D’s” Henstridge and Bennet (Saturday, 3:30 p.m.)
- Celebrity Q&A sessions with Hemsworth (Saturday, 5:30 p.m.); Englund (Saturday, 2:30 p.m.); Michael Rooker (Saturday, 1:30 p.m.); Jason Mewes (Saturday, 5 p.m.); Henry Winkler (Sunday, 1:45 p.m.); Eliza Dushku (Sunday, 12:45 p.m.); Corbin Bernsen (Saturday, 1 p.m.), Jason David Frank (“Saturday, 3 p.m.); Larry Wilcox (Sunday, 11 a.m.) and Cas Anvar (Saturday, 4 p.m.)
- Sessions featuring superstar creators Phil Ortiz (The Simpsons), Thom Zahler (Love and Capes) and Guy Gilchrist (Nancy) (Friday, 4:30); Danny Fingeroth (Deadly Foes of Spider-Man; The Stan Lee Universe) and Tony Isabella (Ghost Rider; Black Lightning) (Saturday, noon); Dirk Manning (Image Comics) (Saturday, 1 p.m.); Fred Van Lente (Marvel Zombies; Archer & Armstrong), Marc Sumerak (Power Pack; Spider-Man), Isabella and Fingeroth (Saturday, 2 p.m.) and more
- Storytelling with groundbreaking artist Michael Golden (Saturday, 1:30 p.m.)
- Screening of live action feature film Bad Kids Go To Hell (Saturday, 6:30 p.m.)
- Meet-and-greet with Jason David Frank (Saturday, 5:30 p.m.) (Separate admission required)
- Cosplay instruction with Wizard World’s own Damian Beurer (Friday, 7:30 p.m.), cosplay pros Brit Bliss (Saturday, 1:30 p.m.), Kaza Marie (Saturday, 2:30); Mogshelle (Sunday, 1 p.m.)
- GameNite Tabletop Pavilion, for free table gaming all weekend
- Superman-themed panels throughout the weekend
- World famous Wizard World Costume Contests for adults (Saturday, 7 p.m.) and kids (Sunday, 3 p.m.)
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms at the FirstMerit Convention Center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World comic con Cleveland programming is available at wizardworld.com/comiccon/cleveland/programming-cleveland.html (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World comic con Cleveland is the third in the 2016 series produced by Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD). For more on the event, visit http://wizd.me/ClevelandPR .
About Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD)
Wizard World, Inc. (www.wizardworld.com) produces comic cons, gaming and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, television, cosplay, comics, graphic novels, toys, video gaming, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A’s, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Wizard World has also launched Wizard World Store (www.shopwizardworld.com), CONtv, a digital media channel in partnership with leading independent content distributor Cinedigm™ (NASDAQ: CIDM), and ComicConBox™ (www.comicconbox.com), a premium subscription-based monthly box service. Fans can interact with Wizard World on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media services.
Wizard World 2016 schedule available at: www.wizardworld.com/wizcon.html.