‘Abrakadabra’ To Debut at Cannes – First Images Revealed
Abrakadabra, the new film by the Onetti brothers, will debut at Cannes – First Images Revealed
The film Abrakadabra, directed by brothers Luciano and Nicolás Onetti, will debut on May 12th at Cannes Film Festival. It has been one of the 7 films selected to participate in the “Upcoming Fantastic Films” section of Blood Window.
Abrakadabra is the fourth film by the Onetti brothers and closes the “giallo” trilogy that began with Sonno Profondo (2013) and Francesca (2015).
“Dante, The Great”, a prestigious magician, accidentally dies during a risky magic trick. Thirty-five years later his son Lorenzo, also a magician, presents a magic show in one of the most important theaters in the city. From then on, a series of murders will begin to take place and will attempt to incriminate him. Lorenzo must discover who and why seeks to involve him before it is too late…
Abrakadabra is starred by Germán Baudino (What the Waters Left Behind, 2/11 Day of the Dead) y María Eugenia Rigón (Deadpoint), and also starring Clara Kovacic (I am So, Tita from Buenos Aires, Jasmine), Ivi Brickell (Until it happens, Parasomnia), Gustavo D´Alessandro (Francesca), Raúl Gederlini (Francesca) y Pablo Vilela (Giants of Mexico).
- Countries: Argentina / New Zealand
- Year: 2018
- Language: English
- Directors: Luciano and Nicolás Onetti
- Script: Carlos Goitia, Luciano Onetti and Nicolás Onetti
- Producers: Nicolás Onetti and Carlos Goitia
- Editor: Luciano Onetti
- Music: Luciano Onetti
- Director of Photography: Carlos Goitia
- Art Director: Paola Tolosa
- Costume Designer: Taz Pereyra
- FX Designer / Make-Up Artist: Florencia Ollé
- Assitant Directors: Diego Savignano and Matías Salinas
- Production Manager: Neri Lauría
- Executive Producers: Michael Kraetzer and María Paula Ríos
- Associate Producer: Pablo Guisa Koestinger
- Production Companies: Black Mandala and Guante Negro Films
- Cast: Germán Baudino, María Eugenia Rigón, Clara Kovacic, Ivi Brickell, Gustavo D´Alessandro, Raúl Gedrlini, Pablo Vilela, Alejandro Troman, Lucía Galizio, Abel Gianonni, Camilo Levigne, Luz Champané, Claudio Rusiecky, Francisco Lacelli, Martín Sánchez, Fernando Marcilese, Victoria Sayavedra, Ismael Andrada, José Luis Rodríguez, Miguel López, Belen Díaz, Yanina Lojo, Sandra Navarrete, Yamila Embil, Juan María Onetti, Idiel Idiaquez, Juana Perez Cachenaut, Emiliano Lagos, Dora Fernandez Seixo, Malena Pardeilhan, Chavela Morales, Lila Goitia, Melanie Málaga, Sofía Garay, Samuel Vilela, Claudio Vilela, Martín Canaliccio, Lorién Pabese, Mariana Fittipaldi, Cristina Tolosa, Florencia Germondari, Juan Gil, Ludmila Chiodi.
- Crew: Neri Lauría (Production Manager), Dai Gallardo and Evangelina Goitia (Production Assistants), Diego Savignano and Matías Salinas (Assistant Directors), Pablo Vilela (Director of Actors), Paola Tolosa (Art Director), Mariana Lupo, Facundo Ribeiro and Ivan Escudero (Assistants Art), Taz Pereyra (Costume Designer), Carlos Goitia (Director of Photography and Camera Operator), Emmanuel Medina (Gaffer), Pocho Mandagarán (Best Boy Electric), Mai Preciado (Still Photographer), Pol Lozano and Miguel Merlos (Assistants Camera), Florencia Ollé (FX Designer and Make-Up Artist), Emilia Ollé and Sabrina Toledo (Hair Stylists), Cristina García (Make-Up Assistant), Lucho Martínez (Graphic Artist), Magic Effects Assistance (Maxi Chávez).
To learn more about Abrakadabra check out the film’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Abrakadabra-1798042286897334
Give them a like and tell em ScareTissue sent you!